If the drivers are outdated, then the OS may not be able to communicate with the devices. Windows 10 will automatically download and install updates in the background.
- While you can go to a component manufacturer’s website and download newer drivers, using drivers issued through your PC’s manufacturer is a more streamlined process.
- On Windows® 10, starting from release version 20.120, a driver-only package is provided, no Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software in the package.
- See HP PCs – Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?
- However, it’s usually best to consider this option if your PC has various critical problems.
- Your Mac needs to have enough free space to download the new update files before it can install them.
It’s recommended that you set your phone to get automatic app updates so you get the latest features and improvements as soon as they’re available. Avira Software Updater is just the free, limited version of the paid edition that has additional features. For example, the free edition won’t download or install program updates for you.
Update GPU drivers
By now, you must be aware that some software can find its way into your PC without you downloading them. That’s why we recommend installing a comprehensive antivirus program to detect such issues. However, some users have reported that this program may cause problems on their PCs. On the other hand, others also claim that it is one of the best tools for updating drivers, so there are a lot of mixed reactions. WinZip’s Driver Updater also lets you backup drivers and restore them later. This feature is helpful because some driver updates could make your PC malfunction.
Connect your device directly to your computer
A driver or device driver is an essential piece of software that each device or hardware component needs in order to perform specific functions. We have compiled the complete list of the best free driver updater for Windows 10 in 2023 to help you update your device drivers automatically. WinZip Driver Updater can identify and automatically update many of your system’s drivers – it even lets you schedule scans and back up your drivers. However, its interface, while easy to use, has some annoying features and omissions.